Kakalistiq.com reports that the Ibeju-Lekki Local Government Branch of the Nigerian Union of Local Government Employees (NULGE) witnessed a significant transition as the much-anticipated elections unfolded on Tuesday, November 5th, 2023, ushering in a new era for the branch after the tenure of outgoing NULGE Chairman, Mr. Talemu Ahmed.
In a notable address, Mr. Talemu Ahmed seized the opportunity to highlight the achievements of his tenure, emphasizing a remarkable enhancement in staff welfare. The outgoing chairman proudly announced accomplishments such as a substantial increase in the welfare package, the provision of NULGE buses, a significant boost in festival period bonuses, and consistent maintenance and fueling of staff buses, among other interventions.
Attributing the success of his tenure to the unwavering support of various stakeholders, including the Council’s Executive Chairman, Hon. (Engr.) Abdullahi Sesan Olowa, and Mr. Talemu Ahmed, he expressed gratitude to Political Office Holders, the Council Manager, Management Members, and the entire Ibeju-Lekki Local Government workforce for their collaborative efforts.
Supervised by State NULGE Executive Representatives, including Comr. Sobowale Otutuloro, Comr. Shetima, and Comr. Olabimtan Seyi, the election featured seventeen candidates vying for various elective positions within the Ibeju-Lekki NULGE Branch.
In a keenly contested election, the new executive team emerged as follows:
- Comrade Aliafis Lawal is the Ibeju-Lekki Local Government NULGE Branch Chairman.
- Comrade Badmus is the vice chairman.
- Comrade Odupe is the chapter’s general secretary.
- Comrade Timothy-Folajimi Yemisi is the Assistant General Secretary.
- Comrade Arogundade is the treasurer.
- Comrade Balogun Bashir is the auditor.
- Comrade Alaka Balkis as the Woman Leader.
- Comrade James is the branch trustee.
- Comrade Hassan Kehinde is the Branch Young Person.
Departmental representatives also emerged victorious in their respective categories:
- Comrade Oshinaike Fatimoh for the Health Department.
- Comrade Dare for the Works and Infrastructure Department.
- Comrade Radaq Kabir Alani for the Finance Department.
- Comrade Ojikutu Nasir for the Education Department.
- Comrade Makinde Folashade for the Agriculture and Social Services Department.
- Comrade Ogunneye Adekunle for the Environmental Services Department.
- Comrade Omolola Adeleke for the Budget, Planning, and Statistics Department.
- Comrade Olawale for the Administrative and Human Resources Department.
NULGE leaders and other dignitaries present advised the new executive members to collaborate effectively for the betterment of the entire staff of the Ibeju-Lekki Local Government. The event saw the attendance of management members, past NULGE chairmen, and the entire staff of the council, signifying a momentous occasion in the history of the local government.